ONE-DAY FULLY-GUIDED FLANDERS FIELDS TOUR departing from Hastings on SATURDAY 20TH MAY – we’re all set and looking forward to a great day.
There will be special emphasis on commemorating the 3rd Battle of Ypres, which took place at and around the village of Passchendaele in 1917, with tremendous loss of life. The day includes visits to the following:
- The picturesque apparently medieval town of Ypres, which was reduced to rubble by shelling in WW1
- Essex Farm cemetery and John McCrae’s bunker, where the famous poem ‘In Flanders Fields’ was written
- Sanctuary Wood – trenches and tunnels dating from 1916, with a collection of WW1 artefacts
- Langemark German Cemetery
- Vancouver Corner Canadian Memorial (photostop only)
- Tyne Cot Memorial Cemetery – the largest Allied cemetery in the world and scene of the Third Battle of Ypres at Passchendaele in 1917
- De Grootes’ chocolate shop in Ypres (where we will receive a group discount)
- We will also attend the moving Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate in Ypres.
Email email@example.com if you would like more information or to make a reservation, or telephone 01424 775730 for a booking form.
A tour to the Somme is planned for Autumn 2017. Lest We Forget Tours was proud to visit the battlefields of the Somme in 2016, the centenary year, and we thank all those who came with us to commemorate the catastrophic battles of 1916.
It was said that every family in Britain knew someone who had been injured or killed in the Great War (1914-1918), the vast majority at Ypres or on the Somme.. We wear our poppies with pride as we remember the fallen of both World Wars and of subsequent conflicts.
WW1 TOURS FOR SCHOOL PARTIES AND OTHER GROUPS
We provide fully-guided one-day tours for schools to Flanders Fields or to the Somme, visiting memorial sites, trenches and cemeteries, specially designed for both school parties and for adult groups and tailored to meet your specific requirements. Our aim is to bring history to life by telling some of the human stories to illustrate the tragedies and triumphs of The Great War. We offer:
- A flexible itinerary that can be individually tailored to meet your needs
- Special tours for school parties studying the history of World War One
- An unforgettable experience for your students or group members.
For further information, a quotation and a sample itinerary, or to arrange for our Tour Director to visit you, email on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01424 775730.
Been on a Lest We Forget Tour?
‘Like’ our Facebook page and and share your experience and photos!